zaterdag 21 augustus 2010

Exhausting

The CB has a big problem: The front fender can hit the exhaust when rinding over a bump or braking. I can tell you: It's pretty hard to kepe the shiny side up when it does that. So things needed to be changed. At first I planned on buying a 'new' exhaust, like this one:

But it seems people want money for stuff like that and I don't like to spend money when I don't have to. So I decided to take a piece out of the exhaust that came with the bike. So I started measuring

and cutting

and welding. The fender just stays clear of the exhaust now. 

This is under braking, you can see the front and the exhaust going really low, but not touching anything. Now I need to recondition the forks, there's so much oil coming past the seals that even BP would be embarrassed. Another for somewhere in the near future: Try to lose a few decibels in the exhaust. Sounds great though, like half of this province will have heard ;)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten