maandag 13 februari 2012

The mailman brought me a present


So.... What is it?



It's my brand new Acewell ACE-4453-AB!!!



I've had the Acewell 2853 on my BMW and I LOVE that unit, it is fantastic. It is all you need in one, small housing. It has a tacho, a speedo, all the idiot lights and cool functions as maximum speed, maximum RPM, 2 trip distances, gear shift warning etc... etc....

The Acewell 2853 on my BMW 


So I really, really wanted one for the CB that so far has only been sporting a simple speedometer. When Acewell brought out the even classier looking 44XX series, I definitely wanted one. It is not for sale in the Netherlands (yet?), so I got it straight of Acewell. I later found out you can also order it at Dime City.

I left the plastic on the screen for protection, that is what makes the screen look a bit pale, but it isn't. It looks fantastic, very well put together.


I just assumed it would be similar to the 2853, except form the cool  rev counter part. I was wrong. I just finished reading the manual. It's AMAZING! Here we go:

It has:
-   All the cool gadgets the 2853 has (rev counter (digital), speedo, maximum speed, ODO meter, 2 trip meters, average speed, riding time, total riding time, RPM warning indicator (shift light), clock, fuel meter and all the idiot lights. 
- Rev counter (with a needle)
- Oil temperature meter
- Air temperature meter
- 50 laptimers
- Laptimer remote (for on the handlebars)
-  "fuel gauge off mode" (I missed that a little bit on the 2853, since none of my bikes have a fuel sensor)
- adjustable background lighting color
- a way more elaborate display that allows for much more information at once than the 2853 display
- a voltage meter (I am very, very happy with that. Anyone with a Honda will be ;))


In short: I am going to love this thing even more than the 2853! Can't wait to install it on the CB. I hope the weather will clear the asalt of the roads soon, so I can test it.



    

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten