At least today it was. The weather was perfect. Sunny all day and pretty warm. Very pleasant to be outside, working on the SP. Wanted to set the timing on the Suzuki. It need to be able to idle to do that. Took some time before I had it all warmed up and all the settings were right. Things became a bit more complicated when I realized my strobe light was 12V only (the SP is 6V). So I took the BMW outside and used it's battery.
All went pretty well. After some minor changes to the SP (raised the front, put a bit more oil in the forks, moved the side stand, did some tweeking on the rear sets, put some more air in the tires, oiled the chain, that kind of stuff) it was time for some more testing.
As always: good news and bad news. the good news is that the handling has improved a lot. The engine is also running pretty good. Compression has increased (I'll need a longer kickstarter).
The bad news is at 13 seconds in:
I was hoping the smoke was caused by the exhaust still being wet from the oil from before the gasket change. That theory was supported by a black, but dry, spark plug. But after twenty minutes of riding or so it was still smoking just as much and I don't think it's a good sign when it smokes when I close the throttle.
To be continued...