Before I started:
This is one of only two bolds holding the brakes in place. It's supposed to be held in place by 4 and this one wasn't tightened correctly, it was bend and as you can barely make out in the photo: about to shear off. Incredible....
This is the reservoir cap. All the missing pieces of rubber are in the brake lines somewhere. So I replaced all the brake lines.
Had a 'new' brake cylinder and new blocks at hand.
One of my better investments:
And the end result. The bike is a lot lighter to push and the brake handle a lot stiffer.
Not entirely happy with how the brake lines are running now, but I'll first need to find some clip ons before I can sort it out.