maandag 2 augustus 2010

Priority list

I'm trying to get the CB on the road before I do any (possibly unnecessary) more work. So I made a to do list.


The carbs... I cleaned them and now it's running on all 4 every time I start, but it's also running way too high and the rpm's don't drop fast enough. I need new intakes (ordered) and new air filters (still need to find those)


The Brakes: Well, this brake line obviously isn't too safe anymore. To make it worse a few nuts and bolds are missing form the front brake and the rear brakes isn't hooked up at all! I've already got new brake lines, but I'll have to find the link rod of the rear brake. The previous owner thought it would be better to leave that out and use the space for the exhaust....




The electrics. It starts, but kick only. And that's all the electrics that work. No lights, no horn and no idiot lights. Especially the latter might be wise for me to have ;)

The exhaust. It ain't pretty, but it'll work for now. I need 4 clamps though. I'll be looking for a 4 into 2 exhaust in the meantime.

The only thing I really need to do that's not in the photo's are the steering bearings. Already ordered those. It's a job I really don't like doing, but it's also really necessary.
 
That's all I found so far. Could have been a lot worse :)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten